CareersJoin Our Team
Careers at Acanthus Pharma
Acanthus Pharma Services is a rapidly expanding CDMO organization focusing on providing services to the Pharmaceutical and Biotech industry. Since teamwork is the basis for our success, we are constantly looking for qualified people to join our team.
If you are motivated and inspired to provide excellent customer service, join a team of like-minded individuals who enjoy a fast-paced environment and challenging projects.
PLEASE FILL IN THE FORM BELOW TO SUBMIT YOUR RESUME:
ATTN: VACANCY APS-2001
Technician; Process Chemistry and Analytical
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and driven Technician, Process Chemistry and Analytical. This is a new, full-time, permanent, and exciting opportunity in our growing Process Chemistry Group.
Responsibilities include but will not be exclusive to the following and will be based on the applicants’ experience and business requirements.
- Assisting process chemists in setting up and conducting routine chemical reactions, column purifications, separations, and extractions.
- Conducting routine analytical testing of process samples.
- Operating laboratory equipment, process and analytical.
- Entering and trending data using Excel or other computerized systems, preparing result summaries for presentations in PowerPoint.
- Maintaining accurate, real-time laboratory records.
- General housekeeping duties to maintain the cleanliness of laboratory equipment, glassware, and workspaces.
- Overseeing inventory of reagents, chemicals, and supplies in Access Database and other computerized systems.
- Coordinating external testing for routine analyses. Processing NMR data and preparing monthly testing summaries.
- Calibrating and maintaining various laboratory equipment.
- Complying with approved safety practices for the laboratory facility.
- Additional duties assigned, based on business needs and the supervisor’s request.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- Post-secondary diploma in Chemistry or Bachelor of Science in Chemistry.
- A sound, fundamental knowledge, and practical application of Organic Chemistry to pharmaceutical drug design.
- Extensive experience in conducting routine chemical reactions including reaction workups, purifications by chromatography and crystallization, and routine analysis.
- Good foundation and experience with traditional analytical techniques as well as modern instrumental equipment (HPLC, NMR, TLC and GC). Must possess sound knowledge of analysis methods and tools.
- Prior hands-on experience with analytical instrumentation such as HPLC and GC an asset.
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to be flexible and prioritise.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to relay information promptly, concisely, and accurately.
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail, to ensure work is always ‘Right first time’.
At Acanthus Pharma we are growing, innovating, and always learning. Our people are the backbone of what we do. We offer all our employees health and dental benefits as well as life and AD&D insurance.
To apply for this position please submit your cover letter and resume via the form above or to email@example.com with subject ATTN:VacancyAPS-2001_FirstLast by May 20th, 2022.
File Submission Requirements: PDF, Times New Roman 12, Files Named: FirstLast_APS-2001_CoverLetter & FirstLast_APS-2001_Resume